Thursday, October 26, 2006

I enjoyed reading all the facts that Evan posted about bananas. I have to say something about the following case though:

Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Now consider the fact that,
Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout.
So, between the time of breakfast and lunch, they gave a group of students enough calories (approxmiately 500 calories largely in the form of carbohydrates, or sugars) for more than 2 hours of strenuous activity.

I think I would have a greater sense of alertness too.


It is quite interesting how many uses there are for the banana as well as the peel. I can only think back to the guy in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" who uses windex as a fix for anything. Bothered by a problem or an ailment? Just rub a banana peel on it.

No comments: